Website Océ Display Graphics Systems Inc., A Canon Company
Working at Océ | Join great minds, enjoy great moments
Océ Display Graphics Systems Inc., a business group of Océ, a Canon Company, located in Richmond, BC, develops and manufactures cutting edge digital printing solutions for the fast growing wide format visual communications market. Our inkjet printers produce the brilliant colour images you see on billboards, banners and posters, creating a significant impact on the advertising and promotional industry.
At Océ, we are creating things you have never seen before. We invent and accelerate game-changing technologies for printing. We have a long history of innovations to prove it. Innovations applied in document management, business processes, graphic arts, industrial printing and even fine art preservation.
In the future, anything that can be printed will be printed. We are welcoming team playing pioneers that want to turn this vision into reality – from the world of print, to printing the world. Passionate people like you that make the extraordinary happen. You’ll work together across the globe and throughout the value chain, from invention to manufacturing to delivery. You’ll grow your talents, celebrate results and feel valued.
Develop your career at Océ. And help us change the game of printing.
We invite you to check us out at www.ocecareers.com
Do you want to accelerate our global Quality Assurance activities?
We seek a component parts focused Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE), with a mechanical engineering background, to join our Quality Assurance team in the Manufacturing and Logistics department. SQEs partner closely with Manufacturing Engineers, Purchasers and Suppliers to ensure robust processes are in place to meet quality and delivery objectives. Specifically, SQEs work jointly with new product introduction teams in the supplier selection process from an audit, technical and quality standpoint to ensure that designed parts can be consistently manufactured to engineering drawing requirements and to acceptable quality standards. This role will support mechanical supplier quality. This role reports directly to the Team Manager, Quality Assurance.
As a Supplier Quality Engineer you will…
- Troubleshoot and conduct root cause analysis and implement corrective actions to resolve mechanical parts quality issues
- Travel to suppliers and lead the creation and development of part quality plans and to perform supplier performance reviews and audits
- Liaise with purchasing and suppliers to evaluate and vet suppliers for technology, quality processes, capacity and accuracy
- Create supplier quality performance tracking and charting
- Recommend appropriate test equipment and procedures for mechanical parts and assemblies verification
- Partner with R&D to provide input on product design from proof of concept to assure manufacturability through to commercialization and reduce number of component quality issues up front
- Sign off on all early supplier involvement (ESIs), process documents
- Manipulate drawings using Solid Works, create ECR’s and troubleshoot to problem resolution
- Provide technical input to and attend MRB (Material Review Board)
Key skills and qualifications you bring…
- BSc in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent degree
- Possess 7+ years progressive experience in mechanical engineering in high tech/fast tech manufacturing environment
- Competent in the use of GD&T and proficient in machining
- Proven track record of innovation, process improvement and demonstrated knowledge of design for manufacturability
- Part manufacturing knowledge as it relates to mechanical parts and assemblies
- Ability to troubleshoot mechanical component part failures using standard tooling and measuring equipment
- Full understanding of Quality Tools (six sigma. Fishbone, part quality plans) and procedures
- Ability to travel up to 25% globally
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office, spreadsheet applications and databases
Key competencies you bring …
- Excellent English communication skills, both written and verbal
- Top-notch interpersonal and teamwork skills with strong customer service orientation
- Superior analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively with minimal supervision or as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Sound ability to prioritize issues and manage and drive multiple, competing tasks in fast paced, dynamic environment
- Detail oriented, procedural in work flow, aptitude for accuracy
- Possess a strong can do attitude and take hands on approach to deliver superior results
Please apply through our website at http://ocecareers.com/
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, please note that only those candidates under consideration and who are legally entitled to work in Canada will be contacted. No phone calls please.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://www.ocecareers.com →